LED Light Bulbs: The Future of Lighting

"LED Light Bulbs: The Future of Lighting"

The light emitting diode, or LED, is quite simply the lighting option of the future. You don’t need to watch an American sci-fi movie to see futuristic lights that come on when touched, emit more light than heat, and can save money and very precious ecosystems. When the first incandescent light bulb began to take shape in the early 1800s, inventors and forward thinkers had no idea that their simple idea for an ‘electric candle’ would gradually morph into a lighting option that makes their work seem like cave drawings compared to a Monet. While the traditional incandescent light bulb has been around for hundreds of years, lighting homes and businesses, and making life brighter and more comfortable, they have also been wasting massive volumes of energy and creating waste that cannot be buried or burned or recycled.

Incandescent bulbs, on the average, consume energy like a dehydrated camel but only produce 20% light from that energy. The remaining 80% energy is wasted as heat which is what makes incandescent bulbs so very hot to the touch. LED light bulbs utilise the very latest in lighting technologies that allow them to consume energy and use more than 80% of that energy to produce bright, white, clear light and virtually no heat. LEDs can be touched and manipulated with ease even after several hours of use. Because LED light bulbs produce more light, they are considered to be energy efficient which makes them a cost effective lighting option that can literally save you up to 90% on your annual energy costs. LEDs are considered by environmental activists as the lighting option of the future. The future is now and you can get in on the ground floor of this technological lighting advancement before the streamlined rocket lifts off and leaves you behind.

To learn more about how LED lighting can brighten your home or office, the science behind LEDs, or to order your own LED lights check out the Light Rabbit site where you can find a nice range of LEDs, information, and you might just discover the illumination of home lighting enlightenment.